Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Bright Colors!

IMG_0768

Hello everyone!

It's time for another Challenge at Milk Coffee today! This time, it's all about bright colors! I don't know about you but I am truly loving all the pastel colors of Spring time, but it's always nice to have a bit of a tiny change to shake things up :).

And speaking of something different, I tried new techniques for my project. First, to make Charlotte at Paper Airplane stand out, I colored her up as brightly as I could (hence the hair). I, then, added the watercolored background - I had painted this background (Art Impressions Water Color series) using Marvy markers. I need a lot of practice, but I really adore the effect!

Second, I tore the edges off the papers to sort of do a tattered, vintage effect. Charlotte reminds me of The Littles -- I think I may have mentioned that before. I loved watching those shows about the tiny little humans with tails!

IMG_0770

I hope that I haven't offended anyone with the colors I chose for her. It says "Air Force," but I think the stamp is done in good fun. Please also see the main MC blog to view all the rest of the Design Team's work! We sure do wish you could join us! The challenge runs for two weeks!!

See you soon!!

3 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

She looks awesome with her green hair. Great scene card, love that she is flying above the cliff side...

kanatanewf said...

I think she is adorable with those bright vibrant colours!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So cute! Love the bright colors! Work it, girl! :)

hugs,
Jo:)