Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Milk Coffee's the Little Mermaid.



Hi all! Long time, no blogging! So sorry about that! The mojo has been low and I was slowly getting back to reality from our vacation.




I do have some wonderful news! And that is I made it into the Milk Coffee Design Team!! Wooo hoooo!! Milk Coffee is based in Indonesia and their digital stamps are some of the cutest I've seen! And I love how versatile their line of stamps are... from Manga-style to chic to funny!

I am on the Challenge Team, and the challenge that starts today is Fairy Tales. I made a card out of the freebie, the Cute Mermaid, and you can find her in this post.

IMG_9558

What I love about Milk Coffee is that they're constantly giving away free digi images! Isn't she pretty? I colored her to look like Ariel, the Little Mermaid. She's my favorite out of the Disney princesses! :)

When I was about 8, I remember my Dad coming back from a trip to Japan or Korea. He had brought home a cartoon movie for us called The Little Mermaid. It was the same story but had a tragic ending. I think this was when I started becoming a hopeless romantic. I loved that cartoon and still remember it!

Remember that the Milk Coffee Challenge runs for two weeks! You can use any stamped or digi image you want but the creation has to be new. And you have to link it back to the Milk Coffee blog. Also, you can't enter more than three times. For a full set of rules and to see the other DT's creations, please go to today's blog post over at the main blog!

IMG_9559

My card is a bit different than what I usually make. It's got a lot of mixed media elements to it. The background "ocean" paper is from the Shanna Noel class I took a while back. We learned to paint with water colors, and I actually made it. I was super proud that Shanna herself said it was quite good. **swooooon**.

And the folded up border is a paper towel I painted too, from Traci Bautista's class years ago. The washis and anchor are from Glitz Design.

Thanks so much for visiting!

1 comment:

eva said...

super fun card! i love that background -- it's so pretty!