Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Great Gatsby!



What up, blogland?!

It's the first of the month, and it's time for another Some Odd Girl Sketch Challenge.

IMG_8675

I used Flapper Kaylee and 1920s Kody. Added some sparkly sequins for flair and that fancy leaf that kind of looks like a feather. My favorite embellishment is that beautiful button with small beads and sequins. The purple button is lovely too, and all three embellies on the bottom were from an art kit that I bought from Traci Bautista of TreiC Designs. I think these items were vintage finds.

IMG_8678

Now if you follow me on Instagram, you're probably aware of how obsessed I've become of The Great Gatsby after I saw the movie.



source

I loved the story line, the actors, the music, the fashion (to die for!). It was very beautiful and captivating! I am now more intrigued of that era, and am truly considering having a 1920s-themed party!

Anyway, back to the card. I am really loving emerald green right now (Pantone's color of the year) so I colored her dress with it. I researched the make-up back then and came up with "dark lipstick and eyes lined with kohl." If you can't tell by now, I truly love adding make-up to SOG images :).

IMG_8708

I don't have a lot of art-deco inspired patterned paper, but the black and white one was close enough, I thought. I also changed up Kaylee's shoes to have that T-strap sandal style that was known back then with my Copic multi-liner.

I hope you get to join in on this fun challenge! Visit the SOG blog for more details and inspiration!







3 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

how cute are these two together!! love the colours on the card :D

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Ok, brace yourself, incoming luuuurve. Lurvverly colours, fab use of the sketch, luuuurve the embellies and the sequins? Luuuuurve! X

Anna Sigga said...

Girl this card is flippin awesome!! Love those two together!