Sunday, March 3, 2013

April Showers.

IMG_7828

Hi, hi, hi again!!

Please scroll down below for my Christmas Card Challenge post.

I'm back to showcase another lovely release from Time for Tea Designs. This one is April Showers, and I had tons of fun with her.

One, I thought of an outfit I would want for myself. Ever since I heard that emerald green was the color of the year from Pantone, I had been obsessed with the color! I gave April Showers a cool emerald raincoat and some awesome polka-dotted rain boots.

Two, I did the stipple dot effect again to symbolize moisture or even raindrops. Then, I wanted to play with graphics and used some of the stellar papers from Studio Calico. Doesn't the blue and green striped one kinda remind you of rain? I added more contrasting patterns and I think it worked because the color tones are pretty subtle. And I just love this sentiment from Hero Arts.

IMG_7829

So check out Jo Davies' etsy store, she's got lots of pretty stuff!

Byee,




P.S. I'm having quite a fun time coloring in some eye-shadow with her closed lids.

2 comments:

Pia S said...

Nice!!! I like the layout of this card! Great looking chevron patterned paper and love the detail of those colorful raindrops!

Dawn said...

This is beautiful. Wonderful colouring; love her emerald green coat! Such a lovely sentiment too.

Hugs, Dawn