Friday, February 3, 2012

Year of the Dragon.

IMG_4619

Good morning, everyone!

Just a quick post on a couple of Chinese New Year envelopes I made. I don't usually celebrate Chinese New Year, but I have a sis-in-law and a friend who do so I made a couple of red envelopes for their little girls. Plus, I'm technically 1/16th Chinese so why not? :)

The tradition is unmarried people and children receive these with money tucked inside from those who are married. Since I didn't own any Dragon or Chinese stamps (only have Japanese ones from TGF, Magnolia, and SCRS), I used the next best thing and that is, these Prima papers (Peaches Collection). I am not quite sure if the characters on the DP are Chinese but I am hoping so, LOL!

In the crafting front, I am slowly getting my Mojo back. Have a couple of projects lined up but can't post them on the blog just yet. I also received my Project Life package. It's just a matter of getting started now... :). I think the hardest part for me is having to wait for pictures since I don't print them at home. And also trying to decide whether to just start from this point of the year or go back in January.

Anyway, am really REALLY trying to meet my goal of three posts per week.. Super hard lately. Maybe I'll do some non-crafty posts instead.

Thanks for visiting,

4 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

What an awesome take on this card... At least no colouring- LOL!
Great fun papers all blended so beautiful....
Have an awesome Friday and a great weekend.... Big smile's Rinne!
mmmwah - hugs to you......

Amy said...

Love your mix of papers and the flower accents, very pretty and I'm sure the girls loved them...maybe not as much as the money inside, but hey that's asking a lot from them! ;)
Hope you are having a fun weekend!

Lisa said...

This is just gorgeous!! I love the beautiful papers and pretty flowers!! The pandas are so adorable!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

How thoughtful to give red envelopes! :) Love how you decorated them!