Friday, February 10, 2012

Guest Designing for TGF in February..... AAAAAHHHH!

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well!

I am super excited to say that I'm the Guest Designer for the month of February over at The Greeting Farm! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! I am so thrilled and thankful to Jess and Marie!

I was asked to showcase a couple of stamps from the January release, and I chose the three lovelies from Miss Anya Garland. These ladies are just so very cute, and really very versatile. They're perfect for any occasion, so i decided to make three different cards.

I love dabbling in different card styles and techniques, although most of the time, I tend to be very cutesy. Here are my three versions of Valentine's cards for some dear friends.


IMG_4704

My first card here shows a whimsical touch -- love Cathy's felt flowers and the mixture of bright design papers (Hearts DP- Pebbles Inc. Stitched paper DP- Amy Tangerine from American Crafts). I continued the theme of stitching by drawing on the black CS (Bazzill) with a white gel pen. The sentiment is an old Imagination Project coaster, and the ribbon is from my stash.


IMG_4705

The second one shows a more shabby chic card with lots of layering. I love using tons of embellishments. The heart border, blooms stickers, and blooms DP are all from Pebbles Inc. The DP with diamonds is from Echo Park, and the buttons stickers are from s.e.i. The rest are from my stash.


IMG_4707

Learned this rolling technique from just browsing in my LSS (local Scrapbooking store). Cut parts of your DP on the side and roll around a needle (or in this case, a bbq stick, LOL!). They add some fun, quick textures!


IMG_4710

For my last card, here's my version of a CAS card. There's a lot of pattern-mixing, but the whole card is pretty simple and easy. I sometimes love cards that are very bold and ecclectic -- afterall, I think cards are such works of art!

The B&W chevron DP is from Echo Park. The yellow chevron and flower DPs are from Amy Tangerine. The flower is made by Amy Young. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.

Thanks so much for stopping by! There will be a lucky random commenter here that will win a Miss Anya Garland set. Leave me a comment by Sunday, the 12th, 9 PM CST. I'll pass on the name to Jess, and she'll announce it on the TGF blog Monday morning. Good-luck everyone!!!

I'll be back with another TGF GDT post later this month...till then...Am so very ecstatic as The Greeting Farm started my stamping addiction!!! :).

Hugs,

28 comments:

eva said...

hey corinne! congrats to you!! love miss anya garland! i don't have this set (yet) so everytime i see a project with it, i'm so tempted. anyway, so glad to see you as a TGF guest designer!

SuiLan said...

Yay congrats Corinne! Sweet cards!

Carol Meadows said...

Congrats for designer for TGF and cute card. Thanks for sharing! Carol M in TX/carolswingster77@aol.com

Sugar Cards said...

RINNE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!! you must be so excited! i'm so happy for you! i cant wait to see all your creations!!! I also work in the medical setting =) and I know what you mean about it being rewarding and the craziness we have to deal with ALL the time =)
CONGRATS AGAIN =)
XO
grace o.

KanataNewf said...

Girlie, I am so thrilled for you! Your unique style is a perfect fit for TGF. Congrats on being the guest DT this month!

Sue D said...

Congrats on being a Guest Designer--your cards with this adorable set are fabulous! Love the felt flowers on the first one.

Janet said...

Congrats Rinne! How wonderful to be chosen as a GDT. You're gonna rock their socks off. Big hugs, Janet

Creations by Shirl said...

Big congrats Rinne!!! woot woot~
You must be so excited, I'm so happy for you.... great set of cards to start off.... Way to go girl - can't wait to see more....

Lalo said...

Woop woop ... Toot Toot!!! Super cool Rinne. The cards are just adorable, all three of them. They are soooo very lucky to have you as a gdt. This month must be all smiles for you must :) :) :)

Cathy P in AZ said...

You SOOOOO deserve it, Corrine! I am so happy to see you spreading your crafty wings and FLYING! :) Congrats and I LOVE your Garland Anya creations! Fabulous as always!

Alice said...

YAY! for the GDT gig! =) fab cards. love all the details and your coloring, Rinne!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Congrats to you, Corinne!!! Your cards are so beautiful! I looooove what you did with your second card, those 'rolls' are so cute and perfect!
Enjoy your 'guest-ing' :)
hugs, margie xo

Christine said...

All your cards look great. All the girls are so cute!

http://pickulblog.blogspot.com/

Ashley Newell said...

Woot woot! You rock! Good job, girl!

Arabella said...

Hi Rinne! I just saw your guest feature over at the Greeting Farm and wanted to pop by and say hello and Congrats! Gorgeous cards!

Arabella

Linda said...

Your cards are adorable! Love all the elements you use on your cards.

Jessica Diedrich said...

These are all just stunning! I love how you rolled the paper ends on the 2nd card too. WELCOME to TGF as our wonderful Feb. guest- we are so happy to have you!!!

Andrea Murdock said...

congratulations on your guest designer gig for Feb!! You have made just lovely cards and thank you for sharing the tip about rolling the paper. Hugs!

Julie said...

Great job on the cards....want to be in your shoes one day!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! Very cute cards.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Congratulations! Love your cards, especially the second one - it's so sweet.

Rosie said...

Amazing cards girl! Love the rolled paper techinique...gotta give it a try! Can't wait to see more TGF creations from you! Hugs, Rosie

Annie Rose said...

Congratulations on the guest spot! Your cards are beautiful. I love finding new, awesome blogs to follow and I am happy to be your newest follower! :)

I love the Anya Garland set and I would love to win it! Thanks for the chance.

- Annie Rose

My Scrap Diary said...

Beautiful cards Corinne!! I just love your different styles and color combos.
Can't wait to see all your other creations!
Jess M

Amber J said...

OMG, love your cards. That rolling technique is awesome. I will have to try it!

Lisa said...

All three cards are fabulous, Rinne!! I love the rolled edges of the second one!! I may have to scraplift that from you!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Amy said...

I can't tell you how happy this makes me because I know how much and for how long you have loved TGF! You deserve this honor and more! And can I say that I feel pretty special having been gifted with that cool rolled edge card... it is truly even more fabulous in person! :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Yay!!! Congrats! I know how much this is a dream come true for you (and me!) I'm totally living vicariously through you, right now!

Your projects are fabulous! It's no wonder you're a guest designer! :)