Thursday, September 1, 2011

Timeless Beauty

IMG_2251

Upon sifting through my pile of cards, I realized that there was not one I could give to an aunt, or my bosses for that matter. They were mostly cute-sy, and even the clean and simple ones were not 'serious' enough.

For today's card, I chose these papers from a Studio Calico kit. These Webster's pages, Crate Paper, and Studio Calico were timeless and vintage. I paired them with this Japanese beauty from Magnolia and played two challenges. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches' Sentiment Sampler and Word Up.

The first challenge is for Birthday Sundaes, a new challenge blog that focuses on birthday cards. BFF'ers, Jo, is also on the DT. This week's challenge is a photo inspiration. I took in the colors of pink, yellow, green, turquoise, cream, white, and even the black decorations on the plate. I also liked the stripes, and the holes on the trim represented the sprinkles.



The second challenge is for the Deconstructed Sketch # 16, which unfortunately is now closed :(. I missed it by five hours!

I think this card would've looked better with its corners rounded but I could not locate my punch anywhere.

Anyway, speaking of timeless...

here's my current favorite artist and song.



Her voice is so natural and raw. Anybody can relate to her music, and I love how she doesn't need anything but a piano accompaniment and a mike when she performs in front of millions.

:)

4 comments:

yyam said...

So sweet! I love the punched borders! :)

Ady said...

That card is adorable. I love Adele too. Her voice is amazing.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

I LOVE this Tilda image! I think I just bought her to add to my rubber collection! Your card is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with Birthday Sundaes! I appreciate the support, BFF! :)

Maribel said...

Great image and beautiful coloring! I love all the layers on this card!
Maribel