Saturday, August 13, 2011

SOG Tag for GDT entry.

IMG_1977

Good Saturday mornin', everyone!

I am thrilled that Some Odd Girl is having a Guest Design Team member call on their facebook. That means another chance for me to try out!

I just love, LOVE SOG stamps! And I really hope I make it to the top 10. Maybe even make it till the end *gasps*! I would be ECSTATIC! *praying*

The contest is to make a birthday tag using one of their stamps. I chose Tiny Baker Tia... she is too, too cute! Thought she'd be perfect for some birthday cupcakes! I also wanted to make some kind of cupcake shape. I don't have any die-cutting machine so these chipboards were perfect! I painted them first with acrylic paint, and for the top, added some pink ink. I "swirled" it around before it dried with some glittery decoupage to make it look like icing.

And I finally got to use these twine pom-poms I made the other day. Used one of them as the topper and added more twine on the 'wrapper.' Voila! Cupcake a la Corinne style!

There'll be a poll at the end of next week. More details could be found on the SOG FB page (see link up top). I hope you're not tired of my SOG creations because I have more than one entry :).

Supplies:
Stamp- SOG's
Tiny Baker Tia.
CS- Bazzill. Neenah.
PP- Nikki Sivil (polka dot). American Crafts (Confetti - everything else).
Twine- Pink Paislee (House of Three).
Chipboard- Basicall Bare.
Misc.- Copics. Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher stapler. Ranger's Claudine Helmut Studio semi-gloss acrylic paint. Collage Pauge instant decoupage. Ranger's Jenni Bowlin ink. American Crafts sticker. Clover Pom-pom maker.

Well, I hope you all have a nice weekend! I hope to be doing some tourist-y stuff with family members who are from the Philippines.


5 comments:

KanataNewf said...

Oh I am so wishing you the best of luck for the guest DT spot! Your style would be such a good fit for SOG....(loving those wee pompoms)

Amy said...

LOVE your a la Rinne cupcake, it's scrumptious looking! Baker Tia is colored to perfection...this is a totally awesome tag, Rinne!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is just gorgeous. Good Luck! SOG would be lucky to have you.
Hugs
Tanya

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

I love your tag!!! Good luck with the GDT call! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Cathy P in AZ said...

Winner for sure! Every bit of this card is AMAZING. Seriously! You have mad talent! :) LOVE!