Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Bay-BEE Shower

On Father's Day, my family also celebrated another expectant mother and baby-girl-to-be. My sis-in-law is due a couple of weeks after I am. It is my bro's and her first baby. Mattie doesn't know what's gonna hit him...hehe! First comes a brother, then a baby cousin!

My sis, Kristine, had this great idea of making the shower theme, Pixar/ Disney's Monster's Inc. It's D's favorite cartoon. But being the superstitious person that she is, my mother (who is hosting the event at her home) didn't want anything to do with monsters (no matter how cute they are).

My sis made most of the decor. D's BFF made the bee cake pops. My only contribution were the pom-poms. I bought the Martha Stewart kit but you can also make your own using this tutorial.
















Have a great day!

3 comments:

yyam said...

How fabulous! Love the little bee theme! :)

Amy said...

Such a fun shower! You and your family really know how to throw a party! Little Mattie has a double whammy coming up, he's going to love it!
PS
Your pom poms were outstanding! :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So cute! I might have to steal a couple ideas for SIL's shower in august! I thought of the bee theme a couple weeks ago wasn't sure what I wanted Tao do. Now I do! Thanks!

Love all the details for the shower! So excited for your bro & SIL!