Friday, May 6, 2011

Give love to a nurse...

IMG_0255

Happy Nurses' Week, everybody!!!

For my fellow nurses, I was assigned to help make cards for all the staff in three units. This card was not my design but my assistant manager's, but I did suggest stamping Nursing images from The Greeting Farm. Because of the massive amount of cards three people had to make, I also pointed out that leaving them uncolored would be fine.

My ANM picked the papers and punched out an oval. Another nurse, Luzelle, hand-wrote the sentiment. I was in charge of stamping half of the images including those of the male nurses (here, I picked Oh Boy! Ian, who looks the closest to wearing scrubs :)).

I got to about three cards with Cheeky Nurse when I realized that she may not be suitable for a professional environment. She is cute but those stockings are not ideal for my job and I do not want to get into trouble. I will probably ask for those to be given to me and a couple of close friends who will not be offended.

I think that the simplicity of the cards are very attractive, and I love the clean lines.

Can I just tell you that I am very happy at my job? The last couple of weeks, I have felt fulfilled. Challenged. We are almost two years into being the solid organ transplant unit, and I am finally feeling comfortable about taking care of the patients and families. There are days when it is just so busy that I feel horrible at the end of the day because I knew that I couldn't give my 100% attention and care to a certain little patient. But now, I feel that I did my best and am given thanks by families who felt the same.

And there is a boost of morale from the big guns as well. It's always nice to feel appreciated by management.

There are some days when I wish that all I do is stamp and take photos and make lay-outs all day. But I feel very blessed to have a job that helps people and allows me to take on many hobbies as well.

Anyway, enough with the corny stuff already! Did I tell you that one of my nicknames in high school was Corny Corinne??

XO,

2 comments:

yyam said...

These are cute! It's great that you feel fulfilled in your job! Cheers to all the hardworking nurses!!!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

i love our nurse week cards! Thanks so much for making them with Kat & Luzelle. Simple, but I thought they were perfect. :)