Saturday, March 5, 2011

Snow in our Neck of the Woods??

IMG_9833

Did you know that it was forecasted to snow in the San Francisco Bay Area last week?

Everybody was posting on their facebook statuses about how they were going to snowboard on Market St., and that they were going to have their cameras ready to take pics of the snowflakes?

LOL! Well, it did not snow. I'm glad I didn't dress Mattie in snow gear or set up the tripod in the backyard. Which is something I would usually do for a rare photo opportunity, much less a historical moment.

One of my colleagues at work said the last time it snowed here was her first day at work at Stanford in 1976. I wasn't even born yet! Needless to say, the inaccurate weather forecast was very disappointing for a lot of us.

Anyway, my card today would be my first Holiday card of the year. We'll see if I actually hold on to it that long. I think it is vague enough to be a Winter birthday card for one of my Snow Princess-like friends or family :).

I apologize if lately, I am not listing my supplies. I have so many 'dated' papers that I forget. I think the polka-dotted and striped papers and snowflakes brads are from a TE winter kit. The stickers are from American Crafts (Dear Lizzy). The image was given to me by Jo (thanks girl!).

See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

yyam said...

Oh,this is so sweet! Love the mix of different elements!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is darling! And yeah for no snow, lol.

KanataNewf said...

Oh I love, love, love this! Good on you for using your stash - never apologize for using "dated" supplies!!

And that image is just too sweet.
It is so nice to see you back to crafting! Missed you!

Mary J said...

She's just lovely Rinne! Great layout!

Amy said...

This is so cute, I love the Tiddly Ink girls! Fun winter card love these papers with her!
Sorry you didn't get any snow, I would have gladly let you have some of ours! ;)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So lovely! Love the winter card in March! *lol* :)