Thursday, July 15, 2010

No Regrets

Photobucket

I got cancelled from work yesterday.

The census was low and there were too many nurses on. So they called off the ones they didn't need. Sometimes, we put our names on a list for this reason. But other times (like yesterday), you don't have a choice.

It was sort of a blessing in disguise. I did not get paid but I had gotten some ME time. My babe was at his Grandma's and I had twelve hours to myself. It was great! :) Sometimes you just need that .... although I could've really used the money.

Last week, a co-worker got cancelled unexpectedly. She later told me she was glad because her cat had passed that day. She had the cat for 16 years and was her 'baby.' :(

So I made her this card. None of my stamps called out to me. (And even if they did, I still don't have my ink pads...). So I made another imageless card. I find that I enjoy making these as well.

Used my previous October Key Ingredients kit from Taylored Expressions for the CS, ribbon, butterfly, and PP. The flowers are from Prima and Gauche Alchemy.

So if you ask my friend T & I if we regret getting cancelled, we'd both say no.

----------------------------------------------

Now unto a similar topic.

I'm in my early 30s (*gasp!*, I revealed my age!!!), married for two years, have a 13-month-old toddler, living in suburbia, about to buy a new home, settled in my career.....

Nice, right?

Sure I'm thankful for my blessings.

But even though I swore to live my life without any regrets, I always wished that I traveled more.

And when I saw this trailer, I think about it more often....



Eat, Pray, Love will be coming out to theaters soon. I can't wait to see the movie. I love Julia Roberts. I thought the book was just ok, but I do love the lessons behind it.

Find yourself, let go of everyday stresses, revel on what's really important, experience different cultures, taste international cuisine, see the world.

I think I'll plan a trip to Europe with some of my friends. Start early enough so that there'll be no excuses :).

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card. I can't wait for the movie to come out...though I've never read the book. Most told me it was only okay too. I hope you do make to Europe one day...it's gorgeous there.

Myref Ann said...

Corinne! I thought I was the only one who thought "Eat. Pray. Love." was just okay... I was afraid to say that out loud because people absolutely love that book! Whenever I was reading that book in public, women would stop me and ask me how I like the book... and then they continue to tell me how great of a book they think it is. haha! I would just nod because I never had the heart to tell them that I wasn't enjoying it too much. The funny thing is, I think the movie looks great!

sunghee said...

sorry about you were canceled from your work. More time for making cards? =)
Would love to see that movie. That guy from the grey's anatomy is in! Thanks for sharing.
Love the stampless image. Beautiful!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Yay for you for getting a glorious 12 hours to yourself! You really do need that "me" time to recharge the batteries!

Gorgeous card - so thoughtful of you to create that for your co-worker.:)