Saturday, May 29, 2010

Too Good for Mortal Men

Photobucket

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to you all (at least for those in the States)!

I'm off today but am working the next two so this'll be a quick post as I've got lots to do!

So one of my besties is having a destination wedding, and we're doing a bridal shower for her in June when she visits. I'm in charge of the favors and decorations. M lives in Hawaii so we're having a luau theme.

Chose the TGF's Hope & Grace Sing stamp. I didn't have much time or budget for the favors so I took a lot of my scraps to make the tags.

These are actually ATC-sized cards -- I had some packs leftover from when I used to make my Daily Candy cards.

For a short time, I used to make daily cards and I'm so glad I found this again:



That's me and her in the 8th grade. Throughout the years, there were lots of boy drama so we were always swearing off men. During our senior year, we even wrote a contract and signed it, haha!

And now she's found the right guy and I'm getting sentimental! Anyway, for favors, I've found such a great deal with these lip balms. They're perfect for a Hawaii trip!

Photobucket

I'm placing these cards and lip balms in clear plastic bags. I may be adding a candy or two in there as well.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

yyam said...

Oh my! These are adorable! How fun! :)

Have a great weekend!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Oh I love these! Have to remember these for party favors and my girls birthdays!
Hugs
Tanya

Sparkplug17 said...

These are darling! What a great way to use up scraps!

Amy said...

These are just the cutest favors Rinne and so perfect for your friends luau themed shower! And hey, I think it's fantastic that you were able to use up a bunch of scraps on these too! :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So lovely! I love how you used the HG Sing for the favors! Very cute! :)

sunghee said...

wow~! you still have a friend from 8th grade!
I love the cards and love how you photographed them.