Friday, May 21, 2010

Content Mama

Photobucket

Happy Friday! My card for today is for the Monochromatic challenge at Copic Creations.

Played with my W's and T's, and I love the Black & White effect!

This card is for someone who inspires me, especially with her art. She became pregnant after four years of trying and I wanted to send her a note.





The stamp is from Magnolia. I'm gushing at this mommy-baby duo, and I am loving the fact that she still has her preggie weight.

My other favorite part are the butterflies. Notice how they're stitched in the middle and a bit of string is left to symbolize their 'horns'. I love P.S. It's in the Details at Etsy -- the name says it all!

I'm sure these are easy to make if you know how to use a sewing machine (I learned home ec in the 7th grade but have since forgotten). But she punched these cuties out of old books, & I'm ecstatic when people upcycle!

Have a great weekend!



8 comments:

Random Acts of Krafting said...

The card is stunning, and the story behind it is very touching.
Hugs
Tanya

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

This card is fabulous! you totally rocked the B&W! :)

Lalo said...

ahhh thats a cute stamp and good job on the coloring :)
The paper punches are great :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Amy said...

Gorgeous card, Rinne! I love the touches of green with the black & white and those butterflies are very cool!

mycardz said...

Wow! Your card is gorgeous - your coloring is awesome! Love the butterflies too! And, what you wrote on the inside is soooo perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Copic Creations!!

Lilian said...

Gorgeous work! Tilda is just super cute! Thanks for joining the Copic Creations Challenge!

Jane Wetzel said...

totally love this and those butterflies are a great touch! glad u joined us at Copic Creations!