Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cheerful Manga

Photobucket

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you all had a Happy National Scrapbooking Day yesterday!

So i finally broke down and bought some Sugar Nellie stamps. Enabler BFF has shown me those cute Manga stamps so I just had to get some!

This card features Manga Kids stamp. I think this would also be perfect for a Mother's Day card. Especially since the l'il one is a boy ;).

Now I was more into Anime than Manga but I love Japanese animation all the same. What's the difference you ask? Well, anime is cartoons and Manga is more for comic books.

The style of card I chose to make today is whimsical. Don't you think this image fits the bill? The Manga kids are sooo cute! The CS, swirled PP, and brads are from American Crafts. The green paper is from Basic Grey, and the banner sticker is from Sassafras. The rhinestones are from Kaisercrafts.

I hope you all have a great day. It's my last day of vacay (*sigh*), & I've got lots to do!

And when you have a chance, please check out Sunghee's new shop here. And if you visit her post, she's got some promotions going on as well! Congrats, girlie!

XO,





P.S. I wanted to ask:

When I colored the girl's hair above, my Copic Sketch E55 seems to be defective. The color doesn't apply well, and when I try to blend with other colors, they don't seem to mix. And even when the image is dry, it feels sticky. There still seems to be some ink left, but does this mean it needs a refill?

The ending result seems to show her hair having 'highlights' & that she didn't really fix her hair. Rather, she put it in pigtails before combing it all the way? Thought that was ok since sometimes that's how I do my hair, ha ha!

8 comments:

KanataNewf said...

hmmm...you might want to contact Copic with your question about the marker. Very cute card!

Amy said...

I agree, you might want to ask Copic about that marker... I've never had one do that. When they need refilling they just quit putting out much color and the tip of the pen turns streaky white.

Now on to your cute card Rinne, yes I think it would make an adorable Mother's day card! I know I keep saying this but I love how you mix your products, you're such a master at it! :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

yyam said...

So cute! I really love the image and the colors!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Hi Rinne,

Fab card! I noticed my Burnt Umber dit the same thing. Maybe the dark browns are only to be used in small amounts?

Hugs
Tanya

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So cute! Hmmm... I never had a problem with my markers but I hope you get yours fixed somehow!

sunghee said...

holy cow!!! look at the coloring! awesome job!!! LOVE IT!!! urmmmm... i'm a copic certified, but since i haven't used it much, i have no clue, heehee. sorry. i wonder... if you try to color close to the stamped lined, keep coloring with circular motion. if it bleeds, then your ink level is fine. If it's not, it's dry.
thank you so much for enabling my shop!!! love ya!

Randi said...

Soooo cute!! I LOVE that banner you made!! WOW!!! To stinkin clever!!