Friday, February 19, 2010

Stitching



Too bad the sun was being a poopoo head and didn't come out. Sorry for the poor picture. But as you can see..I ACTUALLY stitched!!!

Have been super JEALOUS of Sparkle's stitching. I've always wanted to sew on my scrapbook pages and cards! But, alas, I do not know how to use a sewing machine. And to the dismay of my mother (who used to make us stuffed animals and clothes), I still come to her to hem my pants! *sigh* *sigh* *sigh*

It is quite crooked and unperfect. But as you know, I am not one to critique imperfections. I think it gives the card a more whimsical feel.

I came across this fairy stamp at Gina K when I was buying cardstock. I altered her eyes and wings a bit here. Love her big anime-like eyes! I used PP from Basic Grey & s.e.i. Also used some Japanese masking tape and pearls. The sentiment is from Imagination Project. Besides the stitching, I also LOVE the BG stitched brads! And I've been using lots of Martha Stewart punches.

Anyway, back to the subject of stitching... I'm very much into fashion and wish I could make my own clothes! I love watching Project Runway and see the folks make magic with fabric! And she is my current favorite! Love her feminine creations!

Have a great Friday, everyone! Am so glad for three days off! Work has been super busy and I'm thankful for time to play with my baby, catch up on my shows, and of course, craft!

Toodles,

3 comments:

Mary J said...

Hello Rinne! This little lady is so so cute! I love your eclectic design!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! I love your stitching too!

Amy said...

Magical card, Rinne and I love the stitching and totally agree with you...I always tell my students that it doesn't have to be perfect, there is beauty in the imperfect too! It just makes the pages and cards more 'them'.
Anyway, your coloring is awesome as always, love her big blue eyes!