Saturday, January 2, 2010

On A RoLL

Can I just tell you guys how STOKED out I am to have not one but TWO cards today?!! Woot woo! After almost a week hiatus of not blogging, I plan to be on a ROLL...especially because of the challenges at Club Anya.

The first card featured is for Kim's Not the Norm challenge. The goal is to use colors you don't normally use -- mine is forest / dark green and peach.



I have to say that I really like this card. It's quite a simple sketch but I love that I found that Studio Calico PP featuring a vintage article on hats! Thought it was perfect that Birthday Anya is wearing a cake hat as well!! And did you notice that I put leggings instead of leaving her with bare legs? Well, at Disneyland, I saw a common theme of outfits -- a lot of the 'tweens' were wearing shorts (it was 74 degrees), dark leggings, and boots. Thought that was such a CUTE 'fit!

And I'd totally wear this dress -- I'm into unique clothes that are feminine! It reminds me of one of my favorite stores -- Fornarina. Not quite sure how I feel about Lindsay Lohan being the new face of it since I don't think her beauty is edgy enough but oh well. Anyway, the other PP are from Cosmo Cricket (yellow) and Basic Grey (pears). The brads are from American Crafts and the tag is from Martha Stewart.

The second card is for Melyssa's Tag, You're IT challenge. A tag is supposed to be incorporated, and I've added two.



I've used kol laj products and I'm totally into that middle one. It's actually a painted paper towel -- who knew paper towels could hold those beautiful colors? And check out the texture!! I've had these products forever! Traci B is such a genius!! I dunno what I'm gonna do when I run out -- hehe, maybe make my own?? :)

The CS is Bazzill, the PP is (I have to get back to you on this one). The stickers are from Cosmo Cricket. Misc items are mesh and paper clip. The sentiments on both are hand-written.

Can't wait to make more card(s) later! I have an image colored for Amy's Ad Inspired Challenge! It's a day of shopping (calendar time and groceries) for me today. And hopefully, some crafting later! Have a great Saturday!!

XOXO!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Corrine,
Love these creations! TGF images are so much fun to color & create with. You did a great job.
Hugs,
Denise

Sparkplug17 said...

Both of these are lovely! I love the dark green and peach together.

Amy said...

Totally love your cards Rinne! The vintage ad background is so cool on the first card and all your textures and colors on the second look sooo pretty! And your coloring is awesome, too!

Randi said...

These are SO incredible Rinne!! Such amazing details as always! I LOVE your geisha Anya with those cool tags! Thanks for playing along with the challenges!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

You have been JAMMIN' on the cards!

love both of them! So very cute and fun!

You must have a lot in your stockpile now, don't yoU?