Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Favorite Fairy



Happy Saturday, everyone! I apologize for the quality of the past couple of pictures. When I work 12 hour shifts, I don't even get to see the sun so I have to rely on indoor light.

This lovely thing is for Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge # 92. What a cool, cool lay-out Taylor!



Can I just say that I am absolutely IN LOVE with this card?? Sure, it's more fall-like than winter what with the leaves from the American Crafts DSP. But I have to say I adore all the other elements. The strip of tie-dyed paper towel that I folded into a ribbon is from Traci Bautista's line, kol laj. It's decorated by scrapper's floss from Karen Foster. The CS is Bazzill and the whimsical bird DSP is from Crate Paper. The pearls are from Recollection and the stamped burgundy paper (I call that the purse :)) is also from kol laj.

And, of course, my most favorite part is Amy's Sweet November stamp - Fidget Goblinspider. When I started stamping for cards, I came across Amy's blog when she posted her fairy drawings. She is so talented, and I was ecstatic when her creations finally came to life in the rubber stamp world!! Truly an inspiration!

Here's a close-up of a portion of the card. I love Fidget's fiery-shaped hair and that her eyes are hopeful. I think these feminine creatures are so beautiful! I also think the ribbon is darling....although you can't see it very well here. Anyway, I usually hand-write my sentiments but I forgot to here. I think the card could do without :).



Have a great Sunday, everyone! I'm hoping my shift goes quickly!

4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so pretty! I love the cheery colors. I hear ya on the daylight. Have a great day!

Amy said...

Oh Rinne, your Fidget is so dreamy and beautiful... and the card, WOWZERS! I always love you mix of paper and embellishments, super creative and inspiring! :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Love the card! So fabulous! :)

Randi said...

Amazing job with the sketch Rinne! Love how you used Amy's fairy!! Another beautiful creation!