Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Up, Up, and Away!!



Another great stamped image from my bff, Jo (thanks, hon!). This gorguss girl is Sugar Nellie's Up Up & Away.

This card is for ICSketch # 40. I thought it to be a very versatile sketch. My interpretation of it is a bit 'topsy turvy.'

Made my own nestability to mimick the clouds on the My Little Shoebox patterned paper. I also drew the stitching on the border to copy the one on the Neverland sticker from Love, Elsie. The rainbow sticker is from American Crafts. The black paper with swirls is from 7 gypsies. Wanted to use the kol laj art flakes again - this time in blue/turquoise. I think I went a bit crazy :)...he he! The ribbon charms are from Making memories, though I covered them with buttons because they are squares. Gotta go with the rounded theme afterall! The sentiment is hand-written.

Can you tell I'm a bit of a dreamer? :)

Here's a close-up of the art flakes I'm enjoying so much:



Toodles!!!!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome card Rinne, so creative! Love all the dimension and your beautiful handwriting! :)

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is really delightfil.
Absolutely lovely.

Randi said...

Rinne, I LOVE this!! Such a happy daydreamer card!! Love the "Neverland" sentiment! Your cards are such mini works of art! I love the collage-y aspect to them. Always fun to see what details you've used! So unique!!

marley said...

great card, so creative! i love all the details and layering! thanks for joining us this week at ics!

Vicky said...

Love those papers and how you've created your own cloud. Thanks for joining in the fun at ICS this week. :)x

Unknown said...

Such a creative card, Rinne! Love it! Love gorjuss girls! :) I am in So. Cal.

jo said...

This is so cute Rinne!!! Love the whole feel of the card.

Jo x

Debs said...

You a dreamer never.lol.
Love your card wonder where shes floating off to and whoshes meeting.
Thanks for joining us at ICS again this week.
Hugs Debs

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

I love it! It reminds me of the movie poster for Up Up and Away (Isn't that the movie with Maya Rudolph from SNL?)

So cute, girlfriend!

wendipooh13 said...

what a fun card, and LOVE your style that you have!! very cool and fun. way to go on the IC card sketch this week!!

Michele said...

I love your take on the sketch! super fun card! Thanks for playing along at ICS!