Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Gorguss Little Star



Made this card for the All That Scraps' Tall Card Challenge. I'm a bit late though :(. Last night, I saw that today was the last day to post and now I can't find the link on their blog. Was confused when they said Tuesday, should've posted the picture I took last night(although it wasn't that great in the lamp light). Had fun anyway!

This design is a bit linear for me. If you know my style, it's usually pretty random and lots of layering. I'm very happy with it though. Sometimes, I like to play with different lay-outs and techniques hoping it'll make me more well rounded. So today is "simple," another day will be more artsy. And I wanted to use different colors for a Holiday card.. the purple and yellow turned out cool!

Used the Gorguss Sugar Nellie's Little Star I got from Jo. My bff stamped me her fave images. How lucky am I? :)

This gorguss is so darling! The CS is from Bazzill. The PP is American Crafts. The flower is from Prima. The fabric and painted paper are from Traci Bautista. I wanted to embellish more so I added some kol laj art flakes from her line as well. I think they are my new favorite thing!! Here's a close-up pic of them.



Gotta run! It's my hubby's birthday! And so excited for tonight's SYTYCD!! Did you all see the special top 20 episode? I'm already picking favorites!

5 comments:

Iris Uy said...

that is once again - gorgeous! Love that your cards have cute characters.

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the rich colors!

Randi said...

I really love every single detail of this card Rinne!! Those stunning shades of purple and yellow...the art flakes..the ribbon...such a perfect blend!! And, the fact that it's a Christmas card!! Even better!! I love your style!!! Very inspiring!

Maylee said...

Hi Rinne, thanks for stopping by my blog! I adore this card and the image is so cute! Love the non-traditional Christmas colors.

hugs~
Maylee

Amy said...

Sooo pretty Rinne! Love the non traditional colors for a Christmas card!
I don't have any fave dancers yet, but I'm so excited that the men are so much stronger than last year's on SYTYCD!