Friday, October 23, 2009

Birthday boy and Preggo girl




I really hope DH doesn't decide to check my blog out now that I have his birthday card up! :)

Made this cutie for my handsome Scorpio man. I also did it for two challenges (ok, that was FUN!). The first challenge is for the ICS # 39 at Inspirational Sketches. The second one is for AFA's Autumn colors challenge.

The supplies are mostly from my stash. The CS is Bazzill. The main orange PP is from Kailani designs. The felt buttons are Jenni Bowlin. Pearls are from K&Company. Miscellaneous- thread, Love Elsie stickers, Memento Ink, Copics. "Mahal" means love or to love in Tagalog. At first, i placed stickers that spelled out 'Daddy'-- you can see them underneath the Mahal cut-out. Have decided to leave them in for the fall colors/ layering effect. It's also a hidden message :).

I love that preggo Anya. And before the rumor mill gets started...I am NOT pregnant! I used the new parents stamp because:

1. I LOVED being pregnant.
2. There's finally a preggo stamp.
3. I still have some baby weight to lose. :) LOL!

Anyway, I'm so glad they came up with that stamp so I can stop altering. I was never quite satisfied with the Birthday Anya with child that I drew. And let me share with you a VERY rough draft that I made for the Design a Sprout contest.


Buwahahahaha!!! Preggie sprout didn't look like a Wild Sprout!! But I think it was kinda funny how she has that "awkward" stance that most expecting moms have towards the end of their term.

And I might as well share with you my other creation: Touring Camille Sprout.



She has to have a camera! And a cute, feminine outfit is in order for taking in the sights and hopefully doing some major shopping!! :) Notice how both of them have short to medium hair. My hair was shorter back then, & I wanted a stamp to relate to..LOL!

Ok, back to the card. I hope DH likes it. I think it's so cute and realistic that the Ian stamp has tousled hair -- ha ha! That is really what new daddies look like! Since I went back to work, I'm not able to make as many cards. But I really wanted to update my blog so I posted this card early. I've never done three images on a card before. Am THRILLED that I got to 'craft' my little family for the G.

Let me tell you...my DH has been so helpful lately. He wakes up earlier now that I've gone back to my full time job. He gets our babe ready, feeds him, and drops him off and picks him up at his parents'. We've had our bickering in the beginning the way new, stressed-out parents normally argue. But I've realized how lucky I really am and am more in-love with him than ever!

His big day is early next week and I still haven't figured out where to take him for his birthday. I'm hoping to hear from Gary Danko (the namesake and chef has been featured in the Food Network!). But I made the reservation too late. :( Gotta find a 'shi-shi' place for my hubb's special occasion. We love to indulge our culinary taste buds when it comes to birthdays and anniversaries!

Thanks for visiting and leaving comments that make my day!!

14 comments:

Achong said...

Full color blog.

Sparkplug17 said...

I love your card. I hope you guys had a great celebration.

Your sketches are just darling. I love the camera one too.

jo said...

Cute card Rinne - I'm sure your hubby will love it.
Thanks for joining us at ICS this week :)
Jo x

Mary J said...

I love that little pregnant lady too - sooo cute! Fab job - thx for sharing!

Amy said...

Such a fun birthday card and it's a perfect representation of your family, so cute!
And thanks for sharing your Sprouts, they made me smile! :)

Randi said...

Amazing card!! Really stunning coloring! I love all the elements you combine! Those felt buttons are TOO cute!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Love the layout, and the felt buttons and all the little pearls and ....

Love from AFA!

Renata

Debs said...

Great card, I love your sketches. I'm sure hubby will love his card.Thanks for joining us at ICS this week.
Debs

Sandy said...

OMG your card is really cute. Absolutely sweet. Love them.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Cute! Love the card!

At first I was like, "Um, is there something she isn't telling me?" LOL!

Love it girlie!

Oh and I love your WS images too - that Touring Camille one is so YOU!!! You should have entered it in the contest!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

AWEEE!!! Your sprout drawings are adorable!!! What great ideas! I love your card ~ it is sooo cute and sweet. Thanks for playing along with us this week at ICS!

wendipooh13 said...

oh my gosh that is just the cutest!!! most adorable, totall makes me smile and just love your sketches, you are soo talented!! great job with the IC sketch this week!!!

Mary Giles said...

Awwww...this is just too sweet. What a cute little family and fabulous colors. Love those felt buttons Thanks for playing along at ICS this week.

Ady said...

OMG... I say the card and was jumping up for joy, than I read the post... Oh... I got it. Too funny.. Your stamp sketches are cute. I like the camera girl. That's how I usually see myself, always holding a camera.