Wednesday, August 12, 2009

BLISS


BLISS
-
Is my favorite word.
It's my ultimate wish. My current feeling as a new mom and wifey.
It's what fills my soul when I create art.
It's the name of my blog, my Etsy account, my SISTV username.
It'll be incorporated in my future tattoo and I've even contemplated naming my future daughter "Bliss."

Anyway, in the two most bliss-ful events of my life, my sister, Kristine, had probably been the most helpful as far as celebrating them. Her artistic ability had bloomed in my bridal shower.





Her genius was behind my baby shower and Mattie's birth announcements.










She had also gone with me to vendors and doctor appointments. Anyway, I wanted to make her a 'just because' card. Which really translates to a 'thank you, I couldn't have done it without you' card.


I wanted it to be partially artsy and abstract. My sis is an artist by trade but her other dream was to become an astronaut. She loves space, and so I used Space Ian from The Greeting Farm. She reminded me about the meteor shower Tuesday night (but I missed it) and I bet she stayed up and watched during the whole four hours through her fancy telescope!

The papers I used are from TreiC Designs, one of my idols. She is big on creating original papers and I know it would balance out the cuteness of the Ian stamp. My sister's style is not cutesy at all (although she praises my creations that are cute). I thought the front paper's design depicts the 'holes' on the surface of the moon.

The brads are from American Craft and the brand of the ribbon is unknown.

On to my inspiration of the day-
My sister, of course! Her artwork could also be bought at Etsy under the seller Robotany. Although, she did recently say she doesn't have anything to sell at the moment.




Don't her art pieces just make you soo happy & full of BLISS??

2 comments:

Ady said...

What a great card for your sister and it is great how you truly personalized it for her and what she enjoys. I'm sure she will love it and treasure it.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Awww, Tin is so creative. She'd be an awesome scrapper too! Hope she opens up her etsy store soon!