Monday, August 10, 2009

Beauty and the "beast"





I have a friend whose fashion style is similar to mine in that we both like to accessorize and are pretty girly. So for Michelle's birthday, I chose the Mermaid Anya from The Greeting Farm as she is quite femme with her long, luxurious hair and cute seashell "bra." Then I put glitter beads in her hair as well as sequins at the bottom - I know Michelle could also be flashy & likes a lil bit of 'KaPoW!'

Supplies:
CS- Bazzill
PP- Cosmo Cricket, My Little Shoebox
Glitter Beads- Doodlebug designs
Stamp- Anya, The Greeting Farm
Ink- Memento
Markers- Copic
misc- Sequins, paper strip

Today wasn't a good day :(. Mattie & I drove to a friend's house for his first playdate. Unfortunately, he was fussy most of the time. The other moms were understanding for the most part. But I still felt bad and embarrassed. We had fun though even though I felt like crying on the way home. & the ironic thing is, Matthew had been less fussy. Oh, parenthood!! Always keeping us on our toes! Maybe it's also because his nap was cut short by the heat and his feeding was interrupted because we had to leave. Nonetheless, I don't want his fussiness to prevent us from going out of the house.

1 comment:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

super cute card! I love how you colored Mermaid Anya's hair something different and added the bling. :)

Sorry to hear about your playdate. I still get nervous and embarassed when Jonah throws tantrums in front of friends too. I'm sure the other moms don't mind - they all have kids and the kids all have their own moments so the moms have been there! Glad to hear that it's not going to stop you from going to more! :)