Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful on Turkey Day!

Happy Gobble, gobble!!

I've got so much to be thankful for this week! First off, Gil and I had our engagement retreat for our church this past weekend. I am going to be honest here and say that I was NOT looking forward to it. But it turned out to be a sweet encounter!

For one, I saw some people I went to high school with. We had fun reminiscing and comparing wedding vendors, and it was such a fun surprise to find out we had the same photographer and invitation vendor!!! Such a small world! Then, I kept looking around our room and it was soo romantic to see 19 other couples who are in the same boat! We saw lots of holding hands and cherishing going on! Very sah-weet!!

In the end, I felt closer to Gil and closer to God. We'd be given a lecture, then encouraged to pick a quiet spot outside to share our thoughts and feelings on issues. I loved this retreat! Here's a pic of us at the fountain. Every church should have their own private park!





Then, our nephew is here! He has grown up so big...cries more but also laughs more! I also especially love his "subtle" smile. He'd have his pacifier in, looks at you, then you see his eyes shine and cheeks go up!! It is the cutest thing. Here's a pic of him laughing like crazy!!



And these are so much fun! They're MiniCards, and I got ten free when I signed up for a Pro account at Flickr.

2 comments:

Lia said...

great works

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your retreat - We liked ours too... And people think it's such a waste of time! I think it really helped our marriage - especially in the beginning. I'm glad you had a great experience. What did Gil think?