Saturday, September 1, 2007

Weddings and Dares.

The last two days have been scrapping heaven...

There was a common theme of weddings and dares.

The Wedding:

I loved this group of four pics. L & J were so cute! Used Rusty Pickle and K & Company for the patterned paper. Used Worldwin for the background. Letters were from Heidi Swapp and American Crafts. The ribbon was from the August Label Tulip kit.
This is my fave l.o. of the four. I love Kihlal Gibran, especially his poems and views of love and marriage. The couple let doves go free...a symbol of unity AND freedom. Used Label Tulip August Kit, Hambly, Basic Grey, Stampin' Up. Buttons were from a RAK that I received.
I wanted to incorporate the program and the save-the-date magnet here. The program for the church is the paper behind the bride and groom with the cherry blossoms. All of Luzelle's invites and programs included cherry blossoms so I thought this Basic Grey pp was perfect! I didn't really want to use anything else because I wanted the pattern to show. Used Basic Grey, Stampin' Up, Prima flowers, Uniball pen, Love, Elsie.
L's wedding ideas were great...from the bamboo favors to flowers they arranged themselves. My favorite has got to be the framed poster of the seating arrangements (I think I'll do this--it's so much easier) and the bride and groom's pictures depicting the table number (we were in table 18 so they had pics of when they were 18 yrs old!). Used Rusty Pickle, August Cocoa Daisy kit, Doodlebug design, American Crafts, Heidi Swapp, Hambly, Michael's flowers.



The Effer Dares:

Dare 73-- Do not use any scrapbooking supplies! This was fun because usually, I'm trying to find stuff around the house that's unconventional for scrapbooking. So here's my chance. I used a cardboard for the background paper and ledger paper as my pp. The fabric with the ladies was from a purse I cut out (I love those drawings!). The library card is used for my journaling. My letters were from a tabloid magazine. My ribbons were floral tape and twill. I love it!


Dare 74--Scrap your mantra. I got this from Mike, and thought it was hilarious!! But it really is from Dr. Dre's rapsong. It was catchy, it symbolizes hard work and determination..plus it has a beat!! What better way to encourage myself than to dance to my mantra? Used September SIS TV kit (Sonora High) with Paper Adventures, Hambly, Ribbon and tape stamp from SOML August kit, Stampin' Up ink, Uniball pen.

1 comment:

Jamie Ko said...

okay Corinne, this is a small world...I know the groom in the picture!! he's actually friends with my younger brother, and i was classmates with Jerry's cousin in high school.

how weird is that huh?

your layouts are amazing...they really do capture the mood and occasion!