Friday, August 24, 2007

Things happen for a reason??


Didn't quite start my day out as I'd hoped...Woke up at 0300 (freaking-A!!), and have been up since. This benadryl thing is messing up my sleeping patterns. But off to more positive things first!

I bought this cute compact at Etsy. Haven't really bought anything lately so I had trouble logging in. Am glad to be discovering it again, esp after SIS TV has been mentioning it.

So since 0300, I've been logged on to Healthstream-- a computer module(s) that is required for my job annually. In order to save my sanity (I have, like 20 courses on back injuries, Code of Conduct, etc. to complete!), I've been checking sites and my email after doing two or three. I was also soo relieved that there were a few that were auditory so I could *ahem* listen while I surf. He he! Don't get me wrong, this is important stuff and luckily, I am passing them!

But this is what I found out in the wee hours of the morning. The Design Team at Studio Calico is up! I must say that those ladies did an awesome job! I loved what they came up...such creativeness!! I went to Label Tulip, too, but theirs isn't up yet.

I've turned in applications for the DT for these companies. I'm not going to lie and say I'm not disappointed that I didn't get them because I truly am. I'm with Jo in that it's so frustrating trying to break through when it seems like blogs and kits are picking the same people. I understand that they would want the known and popular scrapbookers, not only because they tend to be wonderful at what they do, but also due to the exposure that blog/company will then receive.

But there's always a silver lining-- stumbling upon Jo's blog, I found out that she got invited to publish one of her lay-outs!!! Yay! I'm so happy! At least, now it's possible to get published after so many hours of hard work and determination. And when I saw SC's DT, I didn't recognize all of the ladies so this must mean one of two things!


1) That I don't know a lot of the "celebrity" scrapbookers. Or...
2) That they're just like me, a newbie trying to break through and DID!!

I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason. Sometimes I feel that my l.o.'s are just as good as the ones up there. But then sometimes I know I still have a lot to learn--I should've never stopped scrapping for those many years. So although I'd love to get my name out there (and receive free kits!), I'm just going to continue trying. I think I'll do Scrap Submit like Jo did. But most of all, I'm just going to keep scrapping because my primary reason for doing this is that I enjoy it. I love my art! I don't know about DT's though....maybe I'll take a break...

Ok, the auditory lesson for my job is done and I must complete the test. Before I leave, here are some card creations from yesterday.











No comments: