Wednesday, May 9, 2007

happy...

I'm with Jo now...I don't like scanning anymore, nor do I like listing my supplies. So this blog was a draft for a while but I finally finished it!! Although, sorry folks, I really don't feel like writing my supplies for my cards because 1) the stuff I use is pretty much the same as my lay-outs. AND 2) if it's not the same, the bits and pieces of paper/embellishments I use are from an old pile and there'll be a lot of question marks!!


The cards are for my sis and cousin's upcoming bdays, and I'm still deciding who to give the first one to (that's why it's vague).


My dad and fiance are both masculine men, and the striped paper and ribbon reflect this. But I wanted to balance them out so I chose the flowered paper, which is actually blue but looks white. I like how my two favorite men almost look alike in this picture and how wide their smiles are!
Supplies used: Background paper from American Crafts Sixth Avenue; Black and White striped from Basic Stripe, Reminisce; Letters from Just My Type, Doodlebug Design Inc.; Blue letters from (?); Buttons from Making Memories; Ribbon from (?); Stickers from Creative Imaginations ART Warehouse; Micron Journaling Pen.


I get bored easily, and so I wanted to do something funky with these letters to the point where they kinda look abstract and hard to read. It almost looks like the letters have a life of their own "hanging on to" and "jumping" over the stripe. I wanted to mix up the circles and stripe shapes, too, to match my top that night!

Supplies used: Basic Grey Stella Ruby Ladies Book Club; Black and White Striped Paper from Basic, Reminisce; Bazzill Red Cardstock; Circle tags from Basic Grey; Ribbon from (?); Sharpie Poster Paint Pen; Stampin' Up Ink.



I love this picture of my cousins, sisters, and I. We had on colorful outfits and accessories and I wanted my lay-out to be like that.

Supplies Used: Background Paper from Creative Imaginations Honeydew Notebook; Paper with sayings from Heidi Grace Designs under Fiskars; Stickers from Creative Imaginations Narratives; Rub-on from Making Memories; Micron Journaling Pen.

I wanted to try more of my supplies, and I have tons of stamps sitting in their unopened packaging. I tried Jo's gift to me, and it took me awhile to figure out that the clear block was what you stick the stamps to (and not what you STAMP on!), but I did it!! :)
Supplies Used: Basic Grey Cardstocks in Perhaps; Stamp ink from Versamagic; Letter stamps from My Sentiments Exactly; Heart Stamps from Autumn Leaves (thanks, Jo!); Flower from Prima; Buttons and rub-ons from Making Memories; Narrative transparency from Creative Imaginations by Karen Russell; Clip-ease by Rob and Bob STudio under Provo Craft; Bling by Heidi Swapp.

1 comment:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

you are totally going to TOWN with the scrapbooking and card making! Wow! I'm so impressed!!! You ROCK! :)

love the layout abut your dad and gil. The pic is so cute!!! I don't think I have a pic of Carl and my dad... Gives me an idea to take one...