Saturday, May 26, 2007

7 things about me...

Ok, Jo tagged me so here goes:



7 Random / Factual Things About Me:

1. I skipped the 5th grade. I had just moved from the Philippines and though it was hard to attend an American school in the 4th grade, I worked my butt off to get the approval of my teacher and parents. I wanted to show the kids who teased me about my accent that even though I pronounced the word "fish" like "pish," that I still beat their asses in spelling and math. :). So everybody thought I was advanced, and I got to skip the 5th grade.

2. I dance in my living room. I pretend I'm on stage, and I dance to latest hits or older songs. When I was younger, my sis and cousins and I would always perform at parties or in school. I enjoyed that very much so I love reminiscing. It's actually one of my "happy" places.

3. I get off on gift-wrapping. I LOVE, LOVE to giftwrap!! I really don't know why, but I think maybe it has something to do with picturing the receiver's face when they see the presentation. Sometimes I get mad that I have tons of wrapping paper but no boxes. Then, what I do is put the gifts in random objects like a shoe box or a perfume container. That would really surprise the receiver!

4. I am both an early bird and a night owl. I can wake up at 7:00 a.m. or earlier and have tons of energy, and I can also watch T.V. or read till midnight.

5. I will die if my house catches on fire. You know what I'll be trying to save when there's a fire? All of my scrapbooks and photos. I have TONS! I better check the batteries on my fire alarms!!

6. I don't remember the first time I met my fiance. Gil and I met sometime in high school (we went to different schools) through our mutual best guy friend. But neither Gil nor Mike nor I remember that particular day. It's funny trying to tell that story....

7. My worst fear is ghosts. When a family member dies, I pray to both God and that person not to visit me. Yes, writing this is causing me to have goose bumps!!


1 comment:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

I didn't know you skipped the 5th grade! Geez, where have I been? :) That's AWESOME! :)